Odp: AspeQt v1.01 Released

But using proprietary software illegaly is not the point of this topic.
Illegaly relicensing open sourced software to proprietary licenses without confirmation from every contributor to that certain project is.

Even Microsoft, Apple, Google and any other big corporation knows how to deal with open source, when to use GPL, when BSD, they even know how to make money on large projects.

But I don't think you'll understand this, so I don't want to waste my time to elaborate that further. But please, read more before doing such a thing, for your own good.

.: miejsce na twoją reklamę :.

@A8w ...
Have you read Adam's sentence carefully ? Do you understand who complains about  GPLed software ?
It seems to be quite simple implication:
"GPL software is evil so I will never ever be using such scuzzy software to protect my mind from absorbing "red ideas"".

You have just saved at least one mind ...

a8w napisał/a:

I am not selling the software and I only do this for hobby and for the sake of learning, and i enjoy seeing people use it.  And the moment I change my mind, there is nothing preventing me from "pulling the plug" on development, but I fail the see who's going to benefit from that other than a few zealots who think they are the GPL police (while they themselves develop proprietary software).

Ray, what's stopping you from releasing the sourcecode? The fact that people who bought or will buy Sio2PC-USB from Lotharek will use it too? I don't think it'll hurt your sales. Or maybe the fact that others (like me) could "cherry-pick" some of your work? Well, honestly it'd be something to be proud of.

"F*ck the law" attitude won't help you to find new users or to establish a community while it can completely destroy your reputation.

BartoszP napisał/a:

Do you understand who complains about  GPLed software ?

You talking to me? I don't complain about the GPLd software - read carefully. I complain about the GPL License:

syscall napisał/a:

So my take is this: GPL is evil, communist, and shoud die, you INDEED violated it

First try to grasp the difference between using GPL licensed software and the GPL License itself.
GPL LICENSE is evil, not the software. Using the software does not infer ANY evil consequences of the license, actually you can use the GPLed software even without acknowledging the license. Ignoring this fact does not make your sarcastic rant effective.

Ostatnio edytowany przez syscall (2016-03-20 00:08:19)

"Was powinny uzbrojone służby wyciągać z domów do punktów szczepień, a potem zamykać do pi* za rozpowszechnianie zagrożenia epidemicznego" - Epi 2021
"Powinno się pałować tylko tych co tego nie rozumieją. No i nie szmatki i nie chirurgiczne tylko min FFP3, to by miało jakiś sens. U mnie we firmie, to jak przychodzi bezmaskowiec, to stoi w deszczu przed firmą" - Pin 2021

GPL License isn't evil. Your assumptions about it are.

That should end this topic I think.

No worry, you can live your GPL dream all you want. Let me live mine.

"Was powinny uzbrojone służby wyciągać z domów do punktów szczepień, a potem zamykać do pi* za rozpowszechnianie zagrożenia epidemicznego" - Epi 2021
"Powinno się pałować tylko tych co tego nie rozumieją. No i nie szmatki i nie chirurgiczne tylko min FFP3, to by miało jakiś sens. U mnie we firmie, to jak przychodzi bezmaskowiec, to stoi w deszczu przed firmą" - Pin 2021

syscall napisał/a:

I don't complain about the GPLd software - read carefully. I complain about the GPL License:

Tobacco is evil but smoking cigarettes or  pipes is good .... ROTFL ....

Sad that you chose to be silly

Ostatnio edytowany przez syscall (2016-03-20 00:56:32)

syscall napisał/a:

No worry, you can live your GPL dream all you want. Let me live mine.

I should explain you something, which looked simply straight for me, but apparently that's not so simple for you. So, listen (a8w might listen too, but I'm not sure if he understand):

Caring about terms of accepted license isn't dreaming. It's just about being right and fair for everyone else, there's no ideology behind this.

I'm going to care about any soft of violated license, no mater if that's GPL, BSD, MIT or CC, while it allows people to freely exchange source code and data under certain conditions. So please stop making such personal trips, at least in this thread.

Ostatnio edytowany przez skrzyp (2016-03-20 01:08:33)

syscall napisał/a:

Sad that you chose to be silly

Habitually ... all he ... has no proper argument so  it's time to be rude ... it is really sad ...

I had an argument that you chose to ignore and threw a weak analogy with tobacco.
And saying someone chose to act silly is not rude. Silly != stupid. Actually I think you are quite intelligent, that's why it is sad you chose the silly way to deal with my argument, that you ignored in the first place.

Ostatnio edytowany przez syscall (2016-03-20 01:35:24)

a8w napisał/a:

Look, I don't want to start a war here, you don't know my intentions, so go easy with the accusations. The fact that i don't want to discuss copyright issues here doesn't mean I ignore them, I will be in contact with the copyright holders and get some sort of agreement, but I am not in liberty to discuss this here or anywhere else.

Sure you can try to get the copyrights transferred to you, that would be one of several possible ways to end the licencing issue. But that would be irrelevant to the current situation, as it would only affect future releases of AspeQt. Meanwhile, by publishing the binaries on your website with the license.txt file included, you have already licenced AspeQt 1.02 under GPL to all third parties that downloaded the binaries. And you know the implications of that - even taking down the binaries from the website will not affect it.

What was the point of re-adding license.txt to the packages, since you still apparently aren't indending to fulfill its requirements? Was it some kind of demonstration of your consistency, or lack thereof?

Ostatnio edytowany przez Krótki (2016-03-20 03:23:11)

A8CAS - narzędzie do 100% archiwizacji kaset Atari

a8w napisał/a:
Adam Klobukowski napisał/a:

If you think that GPL is evil and communist and die, the you should stop using GPL licensed software. That the only way :P

And do you really believe this, are you telling me that you don't have a single copyrighted software that you acquired illegally (meaning by violating it's licensing requirements). If i lived enough on this earth I know the answer to that question, so you can consider it rhetorical :-)

Maybe, but you are the only one here that pu the proofs of his violations on his website.

Atari: FireBee, (Falcon030 CT60e SuperVidel SvEthlana CTPCI), TT, (520ST Pak030 Frak PuPla Panther), (520ST 4MB ST RAM 8MB TT RAM CosmosEx SC1435), (1040STFM UltraSatan SM124), (1040STE 4MB ST RAM 8MB TT RAM CosmosEx NetUSBee SM144 SC1224), 260ST, 520 ST+, (MEGA ST SM125), (65XE Rapidus U1MB VBXE SIDE2 SIO2PC), (Jaguar SkunkBoard), Lynx II, 2x Portfolio

@Syscall:
All you ... i am not ignoring your weak arguments. You seem to be intelligent enough to catch the point.

syscall napisał/a:

GPL LICENSE is evil, not the software.

It is like "tobacco is evil, pipes are good"  .... using pipe you  do not even need to confirm the fact that tobacco is used.

syscall napisał/a:

Using the software does not infer ANY evil consequences of the license

And this is place where you are mixing things.
The problem with A8w is not that we cannot use AspeQt freely but that the fact that  he has closed GPLed sources and there is no way to obtain them.

It is like distraining municipial bicycle to offer it for money to other users. Can you ?

BartoszP napisał/a:

And this is place where you are mixing things.
The problem with A8w is not that we cannot use AspeQt freely but that the fact that  he has closed GPLed sources and there is no way to obtain them.

And I understand that and confirmed it (he violated the license and the people were right - i said that). I don't know where you are going. 

My view on GPL license/software has nothing to do with the problem a8w and GPL community have - but somehow it is relevant to some of the people in this thread to try and be anal.

Cheers

a8w napisał/a:

Hey, that's fine with me, it is also fine that I have to write on a "Polish" speaking board in English from an ocean away.

You do not have to.

Czy możecie wyjaśnić, Stirlitz, dlaczego wasz służbowy adres stirlitz@rsha.gov.de ma aliasa justas@gru.su?
Nie czytam PM. Proszę używać e-mail.