Temat: Jungle Quest na Atari 8-bit

Late in 2022, I resumed work on Jungle Quest, a game that I started when I returned to Atari in 2007. The game was intended to be similar to Pitfall, but would have new worlds to explore. Use big scrolling screens and take advantage of extended RAM. It will have a jumping system similar to Super Mario World and have moving platforms. Video61 wanted more elements to make it different from Pitfall because David Crane is someone he knows. I looked at another MS-DOS called "Jill of the Jungle" for inspiration. This will be a colorful and action packed challenging game.

Jungle Quest was a project I started up before encountering KJMNANl (Sal) I originally posted about the game on the AtariAge around Spring 2007 looking for feedback. After beingup for a few months, Sal contacting me, first wanting to port Amiga "Battle Squadron", then later Tempest, and kept going on about making ports of other games. I wanted to make more original creations from the start, and later learn that Video61 was supportive to this. KJMANN departed from us in 2015 because he could not resolve differences with Video61 and I.

https://youtu.be/OnYIY8AUavk  (copy & paste into webbrowse)

Ostatnio edytowany przez PeteyM5 (2023-02-14 00:31:08)

Odp: Jungle Quest na Atari 8-bit

@Petey

I have no idea who Sal was but you should stop rocking the boat again and again.

If you say that "It's a good thing that he died" and "that we have done better....without him" then you are WRONG and you deserve a ban.

I know many do not know who Sal was. I have edited the post to make it less negative where KJMANN is concerned.

Ostatnio edytowany przez PeteyM5 (2023-02-14 00:31:58)

"Less negative ..." good grief! ... have you lost your mind? ... rethorical question.
Just delete this part and just stop expressing your internal mental problems with Sal to anyone anytime.

Ostatnio edytowany przez BartoszP (2023-02-14 00:39:27)

I agree. KJMANN is irrelevant. I did ask him for some original music for this game, but never got back to me.
When I resumed work in August 2022, I started applying many of the programming techniques I learned from many of the other games I do over the years, and now working on something much better than my original design.
This game was originally going to be a compiled Turbo Basic XL game with machine language calls. But after seeing cartridge games doing well, I converted the remaining programming to assembly.
Right now, the programming is on hold, so I can wrap up work on other games.

And what? You will done this game or talk about it - maybe someone made it?

Sikor umarł...

I will be getting back to this game soon. It was originally done as a hobby project that I started posting about in 2007. Work to differentiate it from Pitfall and Jungle Hunt is ongoing. There are already many things inside the game that are not in Pitfall. With the ability to put objects anywhere, will allow more dynamic levels.

Seems that you and your games are known for beeing known as there is a lot of buzz with them ... mostly made by you as a known person so you can always say that there is a lot of intrest from known persons.
Snowaball effect.

Ostatnio edytowany przez BartoszP (2023-02-15 07:58:12)

This game and many of my other games have been discussed on Atari IO and people have responded to the thread. People know me from other forums and on social media like Facebook for many years. I only recently started opening up here about my games. Hope I things go better for me here.

Ostatnio edytowany przez PeteyM5 (2023-02-14 14:09:58)

Sikor napisał/a:

And what? You will done this game or talk about it - maybe someone made it?

I am the one programming this game. My name is on the title screen. I may get some help with the music.

I can tell you that I will be doing the data entry for all the additional levels, and will be fine-tuning the movement of onscreen objects.

Post's attachments

JungleQuestTitle.jpg 64.52 kb, nikt jeszcze nie pobierał tego pliku. 

Tylko zalogowani mogą pobierać załączniki.

PeteyM5 napisał/a:

My name is on the title screen.

I see only titlescreen mockup. Can you add techdemo of it? I think, than now is nothing over this screen, right?

Sikor umarł...

I will be posting videos as make progress with the game, and the final version will be available on cartridge when finished. I will also be discussing the game on Atari.IO and my facebook group since July. If you have any questions, you can also contact Video61.

No, thanks. Video61 made tragical work with publish games - i bought years ago Tempest xTreme with tragical sticker printed on tragical inkjet printer, bad cutting. It super game, but worse made cartridge in my collection, all for $50 with sending cost.
So, we wait, maybe we see...

Sikor umarł...

@PeteyM5

In my experience, Video61 answers questions whenever it wants. But most of the time he doesn't want to and not answer the questions asked.

Cartridge cases are often broken and glued together with cyanoacrylate glue. A label is a piece of cheap paper printed in the worst quality and with the minimum amount of cheap inkjet ink.

This company is a bad joke.

P.S. this piece of paper called the label is glued to the cartridge case with cheap glue, traces of which are all over the label.

Ostatnio edytowany przez ccwrc (2023-02-15 13:19:38)

Last year, Lance got a much better printer. Ran into the same issue that many people ran into with InkJets where the companies charge a lot of money for refilled ink. He now uses glossy paper labels. I believe he orders them from Sheetlabels.com, Avery, or local store, depending on the sizes he needs.
[edit]
I am aware of  problems with older labels. The Tempest Xtreme labels were done by Sal, who was at the time middleman between myself and Video61. I did not find out about some stuff until I saw people complaining about stuff, and I started communicating with Video61 directly, and pointed out sites where he could get quality blank label sheets at good a good price. He also goes to a store near his home that stocks some sizes.

Ostatnio edytowany przez PeteyM5 (2023-02-15 14:13:03)

Post's attachments

Animal_Keeper_7800_02.png 227.64 kb, nikt jeszcze nie pobierał tego pliku. 

Animal_Keeper_7800_03.png 194.32 kb, nikt jeszcze nie pobierał tego pliku. 

Putt_18_05.jpg 128.45 kb, nikt jeszcze nie pobierał tego pliku. 

Some company sell game cartridges with ink-jet printed labels? Serious? We back to '80?

Some models of ink-jet printers make high quality prints that are hard to distinguish from Laser printers. I had a cheap one years ago that I got rid of because it was expensive to replace the ink cartridges. I am not sure many people know that was one of biggest rip-offs in the computer industry. Sell you the printer cheap, but they charge a lot of money for the replacement cartridges. Companies sold refill kits and refurbished ink cartridges. A few years ago, printer manufacturers, like Cannon, HP, Epson, etc. started making printers with refillable tanks after everyone figured out they can get around buying their expensive ink-cartridges.
Quality also depends on the resolution settings. If I set mine to 300 dpi, it looks the same as a laser printer.
I tried to discuss this with my Facebook group a few years ago, and many thought I was stirring up drama over nothing.
After Video61 started using the newer printers, we had not any complaints since.

Why not Star LC-10, lol.

BartoszP napisał/a:

@Petey
I have no idea who Sal was but you should stop rocking the boat again and again.

BartoszP napisał/a:

"It's a good thing that he died"

BartoszP napisał/a:

"that we have done better....without him"

I never posted these statements. After Sal passed away, I made a memorial post on my Facebook group that acknowledged his work on Tempest Xtreme and Venture.
I did make a statement that Video61 and myself had a good working relationship after Sal parted ways back in 2015.

Ostatnio edytowany przez PeteyM5 (2023-02-15 15:09:45)

PeteyM5 napisał/a:

I never posted these statements. After Sal passed away, I made a memorial post on my Facebook group that acknowledged his work on Tempest Xtreme and Venture.
I did make a statement that Video61 and myself had a good working relationship after Sal parted ways back in 2015.

Bullshit, you most certainly did make those statements, maybe not exactly in those words, but that sure as hell was the sentiment you were expressing.  That "memorial" you posted was just you covering your ass, you obviously feel no remorse about his death.  Here's one in case others didn't see it in one of the previous threads you infected (I do have the complete Facebook post with your name sitting at the top if anyone doesn't believe this is genuine):

https://atariage.com/temp/Peter/Peter_Sal_Facebook_July_2022_LastParagraph.jpg

Also, let's not forget how you snuck back onto AtariAge in 2021, posting two public attacks against Sal, as long as a private message you sent him.

https://atariage.com/temp/Peter/JacksonK72_Sal_Forum_Post_1_2020-04-06.png

https://atariage.com/temp/Peter/JacksonK72_Sal_Forum_Post_2_2020-04-06.png

https://atariage.com/temp/Peter/JacksonK72_to_Sal_AtariAge_PM_2020-04-06.jpg

Oh yeah, is that not enough?  How about all the harassing emails you sent Sal over the past few years?  Which you even admitted to doing in the first image I posted above! Here's just one example from February 2022, and you even described how you can "mess with" people by changing the names and Facebook URLs of your fake Facebook accounts:

https://atariage.com/temp/Peter/Peter_MarieJoseph_Email_To_Sal_2022-0w-26.png

There's many more where that came from.  Not to mention various statements you've made ON THIS VERY FORUM attacking Sal, and I know you revised the last such statement after people called you out about it in this same thread.

Just stop lying already.

..Al

Ostatnio edytowany przez AtariAge (2023-02-15 16:25:02)

PeteyM5 napisał/a:

I am aware of  problems with older labels. The Tempest Xtreme labels were done by Sal, who was at the time middleman between myself and Video61

Blame Sal, who cannot defend himself.  So, did Sal also help with all the labels for the games that came later where he wasn't involved at all?   No, he didn't. 

PeteyM5 napisał/a:

I tried to discuss this with my Facebook group a few years ago, and many thought I was stirring up drama over nothing.

LOL, you, stirring up drama?  Imagine that.

..Al

PeteyM5 napisał/a:

Now I know why AtriAge is documenting all your posts. If you do not have enough civil courage and you immediately edit your posts just after beeing "caught in" then there is no way to communicate with your "Dr. Jekyll or Mr. Hyde" entities.
I emphasised your words "that we have done better....without him" but i should did it as "that we have done better....without him" is not allowed in the name of this whole community. Notwithstanding it is VERY NEGATIVE statement.
I do not care what you did then ... yesterday you had written awful words and then you edited/removed them to "less negative"  to be able to "prove" that "I never posted....blah, blah..". Polecat.

You should decide what pill should be the next one ... blue or red. Wake up and stop this shit !!!!

I would like to keep this relevant to Jungle Quest and what is going on presently. Going forward, Video61 will be using the improved labels on cartridges and boxes. Video61 has been using these labels starting in 2020, and better printer for over a year. I am satisfied with what Video61 is currently using. Sal did the labels for Tempest Xtreme and Venture, that was a fact not in dispute. I designed or approved the labels with Delta Space Arena and all games that followed. We now receive positive feedback about labels, boxes, instruction sheets, and comics that Video61 is using at the present time.

I would like to say thankyou for bringing me concerns about the cartridge assembly and labeling. I will forward your concerns to Lance. We have already addressed the issues mentioned here. I am aware some of it carries back before I got involved with Video61. As stated, Video61 has changed over to using better stuff, and I helped him with it.
From time to time, I do test prints of labels on my own InkJet printer that I did to a normal white sheet. I know there are some issues with faded bars inherit to my model of inkjet. From the images Video61 sent to me, I am no longer seeing them. It does look like the new printer does a better job.

Ostatnio edytowany przez PeteyM5 (2023-02-16 05:47:26)

Post's attachments

Label_Test_Prints.jpg 171.96 kb, nikt jeszcze nie pobierał tego pliku. 

Really doesn't matter, Pete.

Anything else?

I Ty zostaniesz big endianem...