Odp: SIDE - pytania szczegółowe

a to do Draca pytanie, ja sie nie znam

przechodze na tumiwisizm

Pin napisał/a:

Tzn - z tego powodu, że jest zbyt duży jak na CAR: to gryzie się z CON.SYS? ;)- Dziwne by to było, chyba że CON.SYS siedzi zaraz pod MemLo a FDISK ładuje się po prostu od jakiegoś adresu nadpisując akurat CON.SYS.

The 8KB FDISK is a relocatable SpartaDOS X application, so will overwrite nothing. Having said that, I tested it with S_VBXE.SYS (that's all FDISK needs to run in 80 column mode). Maybe CON.SYS leaves too little RAM free for FDISK's internal buffers? In any case I think there's a bug in the released version of FDISK, and Drac030 and I worked on fixing this a while ago. The next FDISK update will fix the CON problem, without a doubt.

Nie można mówić o "Two PBI ROMs may each have their own "master" IDE device," w chwili, gdy mamy SIDE2 bez Ultimete1MB. Wówczas SIDE nie jest urządzeniem NewDev... no chyba, że nie odrobiłem lekcji i się mylę? ;)

Simple example: IDE+ has IDE registers at $dxxx, SIDE has IDE registers at $dyyy... IDE+ will control its master device using its registers, and SIDE (be it via soft-driver or PBI ROM) will control its master device by a different set of registers. So, if you request LBA sector 0 of physical IDE device 1 (master) via the XDCB (32-bit physical sector address range), my estimation is that you'll get sector 0 from whichever driver gets hold of the DCB parameters first when SIO is handling the request. :)

Ostatnio edytowany przez flashjazzcat (2013-02-27 15:10:53)

... a, no to teraz już rozumiem.

ADRES: pin@atari.pl - konto zlikwidowane. Aktualny adres: pin(at)atari8.info