Temat: New version of SAP player or NEO tracker...?!?

Hello,
someone told me that there is / will be a new version of SAP player (or a kind of plug-in for the Neo-Tracker) under development. My wishes for a new SAP player version:

- include a directory option (since there are more than 1800 SAP files available; no-one can remember all these filenames);
- make SAP player work on 128k machines (at current it displays "not enough memory", which is stupid since only 4 rambanks are used);

And if the author (Epi) is really thinking about a plug-in of *.SAP for the Neo-tracker, why not think about a plug-in of *.WAV (or PCM) files too ?!? just some thoughts / wishes.  greetings, Andreas Magenheimer.

Odp: New version of SAP player or NEO tracker...?!?

..sorry - ale nawet dla mnie przystosowanie sapa do formatu NeoTracker'a = bezsens. Przynajmniej - wg. autora (Epijaka) - zastosowanie playera z NEO na potrzeby SAP pozwoli odpalić bardzo niewielką ilość plików *.neo. O ile się nie myle - autor topica próboawł skonfigurować NeoTrackera.. a jakieś 2 lata. (Abbuc CMP itd.). Czy to aby się uda ??

Sens - to ma zrobienie wtyczki do WINAMP'a oddzielnie dla formatu NEO. I to ma jakiś sens + myśle, że mniej roboty. Bo - nawet nie trzeba emulować 6502 i odpalać pod nim playera. Pozostaje tylko sypać samplami 8 bit - tak jak ma to miejsce na Atari-COVOX.

:twisted:

- może to ktoś przetłumaczyć ? :D - bo ja - NIE :D:D

ADRES: pin@atari.pl - konto zlikwidowane. Aktualny adres: pin(at)atari8.info

"Sorry, but even for me an adaptation of the sap to the Neotracker is a nonsense. At least - according to the author (Edrinker  :D ) using the NEO player for SAP would allow only small number of *.neo files to be played. AFAIK, the author of the topic tried to configure the Neotracker *** some two years (Abbuc CMP etc.). Would this succeed?

It would have some sense if someone could make a Winamp plugin that could separately handle the NEO format. And this has some sense, and I think that this costs less effort, because even 6502 emulation is not needed, to run the player under it. It is just a question of stuffing 8-bit samples - just like it takes place in the Atari COVOX.

Could someone translate this? I couldn't".

Here you are Pin, but I must say that the Polish text wasn't very clear: what was this about two years? I don't understand, probably due to a typo you did or so.

KMK
? HEX$(6670358)

Well,
more important than a plug-in of *.SAP to the NEO-player would be the mentioned updates for the separate SAP-player:

- update the SAP-player, so that it is possible to show a directory...
- make the SAP player work on 128k machines...

When done, I can convert all >1800 SAP files into 8.3 filenames (currently without any directory option this does not make sense to me) for the XL/XE computers with a minimum of 128k RAM...   -Andreas.

Pin: zmylilo cie drobne przejezyczenie Charlie'go - chodzilo o NeoPlayer, nie tracker, dlatego jak najbardziej bedzie to mozliwe. wtyczek do winampa i playerow grzybowych nie napisze zanim nie bede mial kompletnej idei na trakera 2.0.

Charlie: sapemu uses only 4 banks of extended memory so it should run correctly on 128k computers, unless you run ramdisk, sdx with "use banked", etc. But I've tested it for compatibility with pure 130XE only with an emulator, so I'm not sure.
Before I will write plugin for neoplayer, I should finish the player itself, don't you think? :-) Be patient...

Hitler, Stalin, totalniak, SSman, NKWDzista, kaczor dyktator, za długo byłem w ChRL, wypowiadam się afektywnie.

Hello Epi,
yes I will be patient. And as said before, more important than a plug-in of SAP into NEOtracker are the two mentioned updates.  Besides, I tested the SAP player on a 130XE after an american atarian reported me, that it does not work there. Alas, he was right. The SAP player does not work on a 128k Atari (like 130XE), you merely see a short Error message (something like "...sorry not enough XRAM..." or so, it disappears so fast, that I cannot read it) and then you are returned to DOS or DUP. Thats it. This should be fixed fast, as well as the mentioned lack of a DIR option...  greetings, Andreas Magenheimer.

"Sorry, but even for me an adaptation of the sap to the Neotracker is a nonsense. At least - according to the author (Edrinker   ) using the NEO player for SAP would allow only small number of *.neo files to be played. AFAIK, the author of the topic tried to configure the Neotracker *** some two years (Abbuc CMP etc.). Would this succeed? "

http://eDrinker.com