Temat: Polskie Turbo

Hello Atari friends from Poland. Just recently I bought some Atari staff from Poland and I have some cassets and some are recorded in for me unknow format. Could yup pls. help me find out how to load these cassettes. Of course I know all of them I can find on Internet but this is just for fun. ... Thank Paul

Odp: Polskie Turbo

Post pictures please. Maybe we can guess by the covers.

Czy możecie wyjaśnić, Stirlitz, dlaczego wasz służbowy adres stirlitz@rsha.gov.de ma aliasa justas@gru.su?
Nie czytam PM. Proszę używać e-mail.

Ok, thanks ... here it is ..

Oh sorry I dont know how to post pictures, but ...
It is red paper color.
No. Atari B 12
1. Yogis Great Escpae / mic
2. Zero War /binary/
3. Big House /KOS
4. Stack UP   /mic
5. Mózgprocesor /mic
15. Krzyze / RUN

Hi!

It's look as Blizzard Turbo Tape... and the "KOS" or "MIC" suggests what loader type use to load the game.

KOS loader or Micro-loader, and "RUN" means probably that You must load program from Atari Basic using Turbo Handler installed as a T: or D: device.

You also can listen your tape, and compare it with those tapes recorded in blizzard: blizzard tapes dumps from uicr0Bee. If it sounds similar that You can be sure that Your tape is in Blizzard format. Some Blizzard cart dumps from uicr0Bee collection is also available here: uicr0bee carts dumps. For some of them I prepared the executable versions, that can be loaded from nearly any I/O device.

And in this long, long thread: Turbo Tapes, Carts & Hardware - z kolekcji uicr0bee i nie tylko :] You can find the some information about Blizzard and other turbo systems.

Ostatnio edytowany przez seban (2021-11-24 12:31:47)

Most (if not all) of these turbo-systems require a hardware modification of a tape drive...

Ostatnio edytowany przez _tzok_ (2021-11-24 13:05:29)

Moja kolekcja: Atari 1040STe (4MB), Atari 1040STfm (4MB, BLiTTER, AT-ONCE+), Atari 800XE (SIMM EXP 1MB), Atari 800XL (RAMBO XL 256kB), Atari 600XL (64kB), Sinclair ZX SPECTRUM+ (48kB), TIMEX Computer 2048 (48kB), Commodore A600 (2MB+4MB, HDD CF 4GB), Commodore C64C.

Dakujem za odpovede ... pozrime.
I have also tape driver xc12 maybe is already modificated.
I have also cartrige:
1 Universla Loader
2 Binary File Load
3 T.H.I v0.1
4. T.H.I. + Basic
5. THE ETERNAL V.01U
6. SILICON STAR V2.0
7. TAPE TESTER V2.0
8. COLD START
9. SELF TEST

Can it help me somehow?
Dakujem

This cartridge is definitely for Turbo Blizzard, as _tzok_ said the tape recorder must be modified for this turbo system. You probably have some version of the "Górecki Productions / EGR General Programming" cartridge for Tubrbo Blizzard, maybe something like this: Turbo Toolbox I or this: Turbo Toolbox II

with greetings
Seban

Ostatnio edytowany przez seban (2021-11-25 16:42:18)

Is there any visual evidence that my CA12 is modified for Blizzard ?? I found some links but in my case I think my CA12 is without any modification.
TURBO LINK forum

Open it and take photos. They will tell everything you want to know.

Pamięć studenta ma charakter kwantowy - student wie wszystko, ale jednocześnie nic nie pamięta.
- Kilka(naście?) pudełek z klawiszami i światełkami. I jeden Vectrex, żeby nimi wszystkimi rządzić.

Sprobujem obrazky

Post's attachments

IMG_3670.jpg 449.96 kb, nikt jeszcze nie pobierał tego pliku. 

IMG_3671.jpg 451.09 kb, nikt jeszcze nie pobierał tego pliku. 

Tylko zalogowani mogą pobierać załączniki.

If there is no any additional (small) printed circuit board inside of Your cassette recorder, the is no Blizzard Turbo inside.  By looking at the mainboard I don't see any modifications, so probably there is no turbo system at all ;/ Is there any additional components on the bottom side of the main PCB? (green sided)

spirit_SK napisał/a:

Sprobujem obrazky

Looks like a regular XC12.

Pamięć studenta ma charakter kwantowy - student wie wszystko, ale jednocześnie nic nie pamięta.
- Kilka(naście?) pudełek z klawiszami i światełkami. I jeden Vectrex, żeby nimi wszystkimi rządzić.

Yup, I think so. Could you pls. send me link how to make Blizzard Turbo? Thanks a lot.

Post's attachments

IMG_3672.jpg 315.81 kb, nikt jeszcze nie pobierał tego pliku. 

http://atariki.krap.pl/index.php/Turbo_Blizzard

Czy możecie wyjaśnić, Stirlitz, dlaczego wasz służbowy adres stirlitz@rsha.gov.de ma aliasa justas@gru.su?
Nie czytam PM. Proszę używać e-mail.

Vdaka za odpoved. I would like to ask, if there is already any printed circuit for it ?? ... I am lazy to browse Internet. :)
Thanks a lot.

I have made Turbo Blizzard acording this schema: http://atariki.krap.pl/images/9/90/BLIZZARD.v2.png
And I would like to ask someone explain me better connection D, E, F ... thanks so much.

search for atariki.krap.pl in the description of mounting in a tape recorder.
there is also a diagram of the interface and turbo plate. desolder the wire (white) from the tape recorder plate connects pin3 SIO. The other connections are described in the description

the description is in Polish, use the Polish - English translator
search: SCHEMATY and topic: Podłączenie płytki z BLIZZARD- widok na płytę XC12 (point 4)

Ostatnio edytowany przez Zenon/Dial (2021-12-02 20:48:11)

No moja plytka jest trochu inaksia

Post's attachments

IMG_3695.jpg 854.45 kb, liczba pobrań: 2 (od 2021-12-03) 

CA12
top solder points, from the left
NC, A, NC, C, D, F, NC, (B = pin14 LM324)
pin LM324:

Thanks for help. Finally it works. I did not put a 5volt to IO 7400 ... its not in scheme but generally it is known by people ... but not me :). And what is MICRO and KOS ... ?? Sometimes it is bit lottery to load games maybe I have bad quality but the header is loaded and sometimes recording got breaking ... maybe i need to adjust a head of recorder??
Thanks

KOS Cassette Operational System, a substitute for DOS for a tape recorder. Can be used with BASIC.
MICROLOADER, there are a lot of them, they load non-DOS, non-standard files. Try which program to load what and which MICROLOADER.

power supply 7400 ....
in the diagrams in the old days it was not visible in order not to obscure the diagram. The electronics knew that the power supply had to be there, such a silent contract.

Ostatnio edytowany przez Zenon/Dial (2021-12-09 17:59:13)