Odp: Jungle Jerry na Atari 8-bit Now with Music

With many of my prior games, I have them check the PAL register, and with NTSC, it adds a delay every 6 frames. That is so, game run about the same speed with both Pal and NTSC versions. Starting with Venture developed back in 2010, one of the decisions about games from that point forward was they will be able to run on both PAL and NTSC at the same speed. There are two processes I used, one was to have a counter, that counts down 5 to 0 with a 6502 DEC instruction. If it trips the 6502 NEG flag with a value 255, it resets to 5 and pauses one frame. The other process is read the low 3 bits of clock, if all 0, delay, created a 1/8th delay on NTSC systems, runs slightly faster on NTSC machines. Since the frame rate on PAL displays is slower, any anomalies caused by multiplexing the player/missile graphics is more unnoticeable on PAL machines. VBIs and DLIs are able to change the registers before the electron beam refreshes points on the screen.

Once completed, we will make sure the game works in Pal and NTSC versions. We want to make this available to anyone that has an Atari 8-bit computer.
Here is the latest update:    
This video shows the work I am doing with some of the later levels in the game, moving platforms, jumping between ladders, and different music used in the levels. Current plans is to make a 16 level game and may be extended to 20 or 24 levels. Originally, JungleQuest was suppose to be something similar to Pitfall, but will use 4 way scrolling over a large playfield, and show off this feature of the Atari 8-bit. I started putting this together in response to a Commodore 64 vs Atari 8-bit thread on another forum that was getting heated. So I, started putting something together that I know the Commodore 64 would have difficulties with displayling and playing. The project got side-tracked when Kjmann wanted me to do his BattleSquadran game, then later Tempest and Venture. I am glad I only did two games with him, as he was bossy, and later discovered was a thief. After many years sitting on my hard drive, I started playing around with new stuff I learned, made some changes, and added new features.
[Edit] Youtube link fixed.

Ostatnio edytowany przez PeteyM5 (2023-05-01 20:28:06)

[accidental duplication, deleted]

Ostatnio edytowany przez PeteyM5 (2023-06-12 01:22:51)

Jungle Quest Work in Progress Video for June 11, 2023. I completed setting up the levels I planned to have in the official game. The game may need further tweaking, because some things may be discovered in the wrong location, or something may be impossible to get past.  I reccorded some of the video in PAL mode, and it runs at the same rate of speed, with some minor color changed. I will be doing to be further testing. The game is going to be targeted for 64K to 128K Atari 8-bi computer. It will include several mega levels to be played on the 130XE. It will do  this by combining sections of other levels to make a big level. 
I have been busy with other projects, some of them still Atari related. I plan to continue to support the Atari 8-bit, 5200, and 7800 with new games. I hope things do get patched up with myself and Atari community members, although I know they continue to choose to be difficult. I have not  much time to get involved with anything that people were concerned about before. I do look up what is going in groups and forums, and updates have been slow lately.

Ostatnio edytowany przez PeteyM5 (2023-12-31 16:39:08)

New look of main character and showing some different levels. Most of the recent updates involve some bug fixes. I had to stop work last month to work on other games to make them more unique and avoid any potential legal problems.
Jungle Quest was originally designed to be different from those other games, and more changes were made as development evolved. I did not include the vines, swamps, or oil pits. Instead, this game has  moving platforms, spikes, and lava instead. This game has ladders and ropes. There are many more moving animals within the game also.
I received messages that certain people continue to accuse me about sock puppet accounts. Still in use for harassing and misinformation. This is false, and been too tied up with programming to be doing much of anything else.

Ostatnio edytowany przez PeteyM5 (2023-12-31 16:39:30)

To update what is going on with this project, I may be changing some of the creatures that move around inside the game. There have been some concerns about making game ports or clone, and I have been changing some of my other games soon to be released. I know this Jungle Quest is similar to Pitfall, and I know there are a few identical things, like the frogs hopping around. I want to make a 4 way side-scroller platform like game based in the Jungle or Forest, and it has many more creatures than Putfall already.

Still have no clue what is this topic about?
Is it only the unleavened method to persuade search engines that "the game/the process/the team is talked about"?
Only hashtags are missing.

I am not sure if I can enter hashtags. Subject is pretty straight forward. It is about my work on this "Jungle Quest" game.
Here I prefer threads stay on topic, and not derail, as I had experienced elsewhere with another Atari related site. I would like to continue to work with Atari 8-bit related stuff. I had done open research with fast line drawing, decompressing deflate/inflate files, sprite multiplexing, Fast Basic, and other stuff geared toward improving games.

This game will now be called Jungle Jerry. Work in Progress for November 07, 2023. Jerry Looses a life new when contacting a creature, and the game ends when extra lives run out. Some bug corrections. I made several changes were made to the creatures that you need to dodge while playing the game. Some of the frogs no longer hop left and right in front of the ladder, and the monkeys are used instead by the ladders.
I have stepped up my efforts to make games more original, and making re-imagined games more different that were inspired by games on other systems. This was encouraged due to events in recent months. I know that I was someone that pointed out concerns about violating someone else's intellectual properties and sometimes got into arguments.  Ever since KJMANN was separated from Video61, We have been making more original games. This was better for me because I had more freedom to choose what I want to do. I had several games in progress, and in beta testing, and the changes caused some delays. Jungle Jerry was the game I was working on for the Atari 8-bit computer system. Some other games are for the Atari 7800 Prosystem.
Much of this is still a work in progress.

I am in the process of clearing older work-in-progress videos, and only leaving the most current one up on my YouTube channel. Going forward, I will not be posting public WIP videos of games incomplete, and only be discussing matters with people involved with the development. The original intention was to keep interest from our true customers to see what we have coming in the future. Get some feedback, and see what they ask about or make suggestions for features. Some games did benefit from that, like a few have options to play with different controllers, like paddles, trackball, or indy 500 driving. however, along with that, it did incur some bullying or people going out of their way to point out stuff that have zero influence over the game play. Such as the sound going to silence for 1 tv frame during a screen transition because the DMA and NMIs were disabled for the routine won't be interrupted to draw new screens. I know it is about me releasing games with Video61, and not that other AAtari publisher with a forum. There are also security concerns about releasing information too early about games in development. So, I removed many games from my YouTube channel. In the future, my may only see videos only after the game is completed.