Temat: two binary loads with MyDOS ?!?

Well,
when loading some binary files under MyDOS I discovered some strange behaviour: Loading a ML file (*.COM, *.EXE, *.XEX, etc.) with option "L" from the DUP menu works fine, but loading the same ML file as an autorun.sys (*.AR0 under MyDOS 4.53, 4.54 and 4.55) fails... why ?!?

For example:
1) I loaded Neotracker 1.5 with option "L" and it loads fine; when I rename it to *.AR0 (which is the same as Autorun.SYS under Version 4.53 etc.) it loads the file and crashes after a few seconds...

2) Sysiphos: I appended the game to a Basic-off file (Basicoff.OBJ) and with option "L" it loads and runs fine, renamed to *.AR0 it switches Basic off and immediately loads the DUP.SYS...

Can someone explain me why this happens ?!? Or can someone fix the MyDOS autorun please ?!?
-Andreas Magenheimer.

Odp: two binary loads with MyDOS ?!?

I've never heard of *.AR0 - are you sure they are treated exactly same as AUTORUN.SYS ?

Why not simply use AUTORUN.SYS ? This should work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE

latest mydos versions uses *.ar0 thru *.ar9 as a startup files.
why 10 extensions? to organize sequence in which they should start.

The UNIX Guru`s view of Sex:
unzip; strip; touch; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; umount; sleep

Well,
it does not matter if I load/save the mentioned files as Autorun.SYS (under MyDOS 4.50 and 4.51) or *.AR0 (under MyDOS 4.53 and newer versions). The problem is always the same: the programs work alright when loaded manually with option "L" and they do not work when loaded/executed automatically as Autorun.SYS or *.AR0 ...   Anyone knows why ?!?   -Andreas Magenheimer.

Is it working as autorun.sys? Maybe *.ar0...*.ar9 functionality is not working/finished in the 4.53 version...

lewis: try [ctrl]+[+] ;)

CharlieChaplin napisał/a:

it does not matter if I load/save the mentioned files as Autorun.SYS ... or *.AR0 ...
The problem is always the same ... they do not work when loaded/executed automatically as Autorun.SYS or *.AR0

The UNIX Guru`s view of Sex:
unzip; strip; touch; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; umount; sleep

Maybe problem are with actual drive number. When you use "l" option, you use actual catalogue as D:, but, using autorun option - are always as d1: Maybe it is it. Try for example write short autorun progs, wchich load other progs from other catalogue? I don't know, test it maybe...

Sikor umarł...